We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it really raining every day?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Is it really raining every day?

Hi all,

I'm heading to The Atlantis next week, booked it on a whim, didn't really think about weather...my magic fruit phone keeps telling me its raining all day every day at the moment....is this true or is it more like scattered showers? Should I expect lots of rain or maybe an hour or so a day?

Thanks.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it really raining every day?

Nonsense! It has been raining, but not all day every day. It usually rains for a bit then the sun comes out again. And every now and then, the sun stays out and it rains a bit at the same time, so it realy isn't an issue. There is far more sun than rain at the moment, so just enjoy your trip. Your magic phone isn't really magic afterall!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it really raining every day?

Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks! My fruit phone seems to lie a lot to me.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,847 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it really raining every day?

Right now there is a possible tropical storm forming in the northern Bahamas. That is what is causing the rain right now. Some forecasters say it should move north up the USA coast later this week. See this website:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Besides this possible storm, it's also the 'rainy season' in the Bahamas right now. The humidity is very high. With all that moisture in the atmosphere there is a good chance of a downpour lasting from minutes to hours every day somewhere on the island you are visiting.

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it really raining every day?

I don't mind a bit of rain. Coming from Dubai I think it might actually be a little pleasant. Haha. Just hoping it doesn't last all day all week!

Thanks for all the info.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
617 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it really raining every day?

We were there last week and it was sunny everyday and no rain except our last day when it was cloudy and the rain came in for a little bit but by dinner time it was gone and the sun was peaking out again.

6. Re: Is it really raining every day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, August 03, 2015