We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for when we get off the boat?

St Pete
4 posts
Save Topic
Ideas for when we get off the boat?

My girlfriend and I will be stopping off in Nassau for a day and 1/2 while on a cruise. We would like to check out the island and hit a beach during the day. We would also like to hit a nice restaraunt and club at night. Anyone have some suggestions for a 20-something couple on a budget for their first vacation together?

MI
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ideas for when we get off the boat?

Tink63 ...

OH ... the island is charming! You can walk the little paths and explore the entire island, swim with dolphins and stingrays, snorkle the river. A gorgeous beach and all you have to do is put your face in the water and tons of fish are right there!

BUT - be careful of VERY strong currents if the water is rough!

So, stick to the river and lagoon if rough water.

There is a bar and snack bar for food and drinks. Or you can bring your own food and drinks.

You WILL want to stay all day.

If you want to do the dolphin thing, you need to book in advance. Be sure to tell them you want to stay all day on the island, otherwise, they will only take you for the dolphin encounter and back.

ENJOY!!

MI
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ideas for when we get off the boat?

Santiago - the water in the Bahamas are warm pretty much year round. We have been going for 15 years - in December, October, April & May. We snorkle and scuba, and have had great warm water in those months. We pretty much live in the water, so I am sure you will have nothing to worry about !!