We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover time flying back to the States

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kansas
Level Contributor
945 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Layover time flying back to the States

How long does it take to get through immigration/customs when you fly back into the US from Nassau? I booked a flight through Atlanta on Delta, but only have about an hour to make my connection. After booking it occurred to me that I may not make my connection with such a short time frame. Do I have to get my luggage and re-check it?

I haven't flown out of the country for many years, only gone by car to Canada or on a cruise so not sure how long it takes.

Thanks!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Layover time flying back to the States

I have never been to ATL before, but I have had layovers between cities. Once you give your luggage at your departure city, you pick it up when you get to your destination. You don't have to worry about it between flights.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Layover time flying back to the States

You clear US Immigration at the Nassau airport when departing the country. Allow a minimum of two hours before departure. Some days it's 15 minutes...others, it can take well over two hours.

kansas
Level Contributor
945 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Layover time flying back to the States

Excellent! We planned on being at the airport 3 hours early as I have read it can take a bit of time; glad to know we just have to do the lines in Nassau and not again in Atlanta!

Thanks for all your helpful posts wwbev! It has really helped us plan our trip!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Layover time flying back to the States

Just be QUICK going between your gates in Atlanta, and most likely the 2nd flight will be boarding by the time you get to it! And, no, (as per Mizcass) you won't need to pick up your luggage in Atlanta. Have done quite a few of these 1 hour connections, Delta is routinely booking them, and so far so good :) Have a great trip!

5. Re: Layover time flying back to the States

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 19, 2014