We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need your help on medical condition.

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
Level Contributor
328 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
need your help on medical condition.

Do you need maleria pills or injections for the bahamas, as my son will finish his chemo the end of may and we would like to holiday around july 10th for two weeks,not sure till we see doc late next week if he can have the live injections so soon after his chemo has finished we know you need them for Dom republic ect, but the bahamas,any ideas,thank you.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need your help on medical condition.

No need for malaria shots when coming to the Bahamas. I will add that the last couple of summers there were cases of Dengue fever reported here. Don;t know of a preventive vaccine for that as I'm not a medical expert on that. However, using mosquito spray should take care of that slight risk. Most of the cases (if not all) were with persons living in urban areas away from the resorts and tourist areas.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need your help on medical condition.

No, no malaria shots or therapy needed for the Bahamas. The only place there was ever any call for them was in Georgetown, Exuma where there were a few isolated cases some years ago from illegal immigrants, but I don't that is even in effect anymore.

3. Re: need your help on medical condition.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 12, 2014