We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay friends

ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Gay friends

My boyfriends family has been staying in a timeshare for years. We will be using it this april and invited our friends along. Ourfriends happen to be a gay male couple. They are not into pda or "super gay." I feel horrible now that im reading this isnt gay friendly at all. Im actually scared and I wish we would have booked flights back to Mexico. Are we going to be safe?

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Gay friends

Go. Have fun. Be sensible.

ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Gay friends

Just got back and our trip was amaz! Like I said my friends are not into pda and are pretty chill all the locals were friendly and probably unaware of their sexor.

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Gay friends

Glad you had a good time. It's always nice to get feedback about people's concerns after they have completed their trip. Any other comments?

Allentown...
Level Contributor
819 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Gay friends

Being in the lifestyle myself, my partner does not travel where as I like to. So every year I take a vacation I and his brother go (sometimes with other family members but most times just him and I). His brother is straight and no one can tell that I'm not but they always assume that we are a couple when we travel. We share the same room but always have two beds. We like to travel together because we do our own thing and we have a blast but I'm black and he's white and we always get looks or even comments and the comments actually come from either staff or guest. I've known the guy for almost 30 years so he's like a brother to me so when we travel that's what we tell everybody. You should see the looks on people's faces. I actually could care less what they think and I don't own none of them any explanations. I just need three things when I vacation Room, Bathroom and the Bar. Party On!!!!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Gay friends

sraa01, glad to hear it worked out for your friends, but it is kind of telling that they had to hide their orientation, and remain on the down low. As you said, most people were unaware of their orientation, if they were aware, or your friends let it be known, chances are the welcome would not be so friendly

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Gay friends

I'm glad you and your friends had a great time! Welcome back (I know, you probablly would rather still be there) LOL

37. Re: Gay friends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 20, 2014