We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ardastra - walking from ship

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
205 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Ardastra - walking from ship

Is it feasable to walk to Arsastra from the cruise dock? I have seen posts talking about heading back via Fort Charlotte but nothing about walking there. Is it uphill or something? Thanks for your help. We are visiting on Thanksgiving Day and would like to see the gardens.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ardastra - walking from ship

It's about two mile walk to the Ardastra Gardens Zoo. It is behind Fort Charlotte further away from the sea about a 1/2 mile away from the main road, West Bay Street. You can take a Jitney Bus for $1.25pp to get there or a taxi if you don't want to walk that far.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
205 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ardastra - walking from ship

Thank you! For $1.25, I think we might ride there and perhaps wander our way back.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ardastra - walking from ship

It's a long two miles.

Sicklerville, New...
Level Contributor
263 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ardastra - walking from ship

It seemed longer than 2 miles to me. When I visited from a cruise, I walked a fews blocks to George Street to get the jitney and then walked the long block from Bay Street to Ardastra Gardens. Then came back the same way. When we staye on Paradise Island, I took a taxi.

5. Re: Ardastra - walking from ship

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 26, 2013