We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis Waterpark-Morning or Evening

Blackshear
3 posts
Save Topic
Atlantis Waterpark-Morning or Evening

Me and My Husband are going on a cruise to the Bahamas for our 4th Anniversary and we have a whole day in Nassau and want to experience the waterpark but should we go in the morning from 10-2 or later in the evening. Does it matter? We were just trying to figure out if it is more crowded at a specific time. Just trying to get the best experience out of our trip:) If you have any advice on this or other places that might be fun to visit in Nassau or Half Moon Cay please comment, Thanks!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis Waterpark-Morning or Evening

Depending on what time of year you are going.. the waterpark opens at 10am and closes around 4:30/4:45pm in the winter months, and 5:30/6pm in the summer. Pools close 30 minutes or so after the park closes. The pools, park and beaches are closed in the evening. There is nothing open outside on the property after the pools close.

As for when it's more crowded.. it starts to wind down around 3pm when the some of the cruiser leave

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,576 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis Waterpark-Morning or Evening

When I was there last May the water park closed at 7PM as it had also in May, 2010 when I was there. It did close at 5 when I was there in Nov. 2010.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis Waterpark-Morning or Evening

Once we start having longer days, they keep the park open longer. May would be the start of the summer season.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis Waterpark-Morning or Evening

10 am to 2 pm? For the cost of two day passes, that's not really a good value. This is also important, when is your visit? As day passes to Atlantis are based on the season, occupancy, and pre-booked cruise ship excursions. It takes a good hour to survey, and find your way around. If you do the day passes on your own, it's $240 for two, with no food or beverage included. I appreciate your desire to visit Atlantis, but four hours or even six hours, doesn't really cover the costs.

Blackshear
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis Waterpark-Morning or Evening

We are going in June we have a free excursion so we would only be paying for one and as far as from 10-2 I was just going off the excursion time estimate it said 4 hours, so i didn't know if you only had a certain length of time or if they just have to put something in that area. We would love to spend all day. Thank you all for the feedback. Any advice for our trip is greatly appreciated!!!!

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis Waterpark-Morning or Evening

Well if your getting a freebie, I say go for it. And I would guess it's for the whole day, so that'll give you time to take it all in. Just be sure about transportation back to the cruise ship. Allow a good 45 minutes from Atlantis to the cruise terminal late afternoon during the week. Traffic can be a big problem.

Blackshear
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis Waterpark-Morning or Evening

Ok thanks so much wwbev711! :) We also have a day at Half Moon Cay do you have any suggestions on what to do there?

Northern Virginia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis Waterpark-Morning or Evening

we will be in Nassau on May 26,which is a Sunday. We have from 7-5pm at port. We really want to do waterpark is it worth it?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,576 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis Waterpark-Morning or Evening

"worth it" is really in the "eye of the beholder" as the saying goes. It all depends on how you value your money. The Aquaventure water park at Atlantis is a really fun experience with all the slides and the Current tube ride. The cost to operate and maintain the facilities is factored into the room rates. So, you have to decide how much the experience is worth to you.

10. Re: Atlantis Waterpark-Morning or Evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 06, 2014