We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I hear live music ? Steel drums? Calypso?

New York
Level Contributor
276 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I hear live music ? Steel drums? Calypso?

Where can I hear local live music playing? Steel drums? Live Calypso style music?

On the streets or in the restaurants.

Please let me know.

Thank you!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
492 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I hear live music ? Steel drums? Calypso?

I'd be curious to see if there are any places as well??

Edited: 4:16 pm, February 10, 2012
Metairie, Louisiana
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I hear live music ? Steel drums? Calypso?

I am a travel agent, and I have a client who would like to hear

live steel drum music. In what part of Nassau would she be able

to do that either on the street or the restaurants?

Thank you,

Marilyn

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I hear live music ? Steel drums? Calypso?

Steel drums have gone out of vogue with musicians of Nassau. You can still hear some soca and rake and scrape. However, at Marina Village in Nassau, Atlantis hires musicians and by Johnny Rockets near the entrance and near the Ice cream shop they have steel drum musicians. However, it is an interactive thing, as the kids can participate with home made shakers and bleach bottle drums. For serious steel drum music, I am afraid that it is not the Bahamas. The current Bahamian artists like KB have gone to a jazzier type of high energy island music with guitars, drums, and conventional instruments.

4. Re: Where can I hear live music ? Steel drums? Calypso?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 15, 2013