We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked a Breezes Nassau Vacation, have some questions

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bowmanville, Ontario
5 posts
Save Topic
Just booked a Breezes Nassau Vacation, have some questions

Hi! I am so excited, I just booked our vacation for Breezes in Nassau for the end of April. I have a few questions, I am hoping someone will know the answer....

Is there a dress code for dinner?

Do they serve Coca-Cola products? I am a diet coke addict!

Do you have to make reservations for the restaurants and if so, what time should you line up?

Any tips or things I should know about?

Thanks for any info you can share!

Elmira, New York
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked a Breezes Nassau Vacation, have some questions

Elby, check out topic Breezes Bahamas, link below, it has a ton of info on it. We go 4/10-4/13, when will u be there?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147416-i169-k3704…

Burlington...
Level Contributor
782 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked a Breezes Nassau Vacation, have some questions

The two special restaurants just require that men wear long pants, why, I don't know. The buffet you can wear your bathing suit if you want. It's a very casual place. Never saw anyone really dressed up. We ate at the special restuarants all but one night. I just wore capris and a tee, or a light blazer. Again, you can wear anything you want.

I know I had either diet coke or pepsi, can't remember...Didn't really drink much of that! (lol)

Make your reservations for the special restaurants early in the morning at the desk in the lobby.

Again, men HAVE to wear long pants, or they won't let you in those two restaurants. We forgot one night and my husband had to go back to the room to change. I think it's nuts, but that's what they do.

Have fun,

Nancy

Schererville...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked a Breezes Nassau Vacation, have some questions

I was just there Feb 13-19. In order to get dinner reservations for the next night to either pastafari or garden of eden, you need to either stand in line (across from the front desk) at 8am, or call them from your room at 8am. There is a 6:30 or an 8:30 dinner. I really liked the Garden of Eden. You can each order an appetizer, dinner, and dessert. Dinner - no shorts allowed. They do serve coke products. Tips- The rock wall climbing & trapeze clinic is fun. We went parasailing ($50 per person).that was fun. Also you can take the #10 bus to downtown for $1. We went to the zoo,& straw market. we also took the ferry from there to paradise Island (atlantis hotel)

Elmira, New York
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked a Breezes Nassau Vacation, have some questions

slm, what was straw market like? We are going April 10th-13th. Thanks!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked a Breezes Nassau Vacation, have some questions

slm, what was the weather like? How about water temp? We're leaving next Thursday.

Lake Geneva...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked a Breezes Nassau Vacation, have some questions

Hello all.

We were there from Feb. 12th through the 19th. The weather started out chilly due to the snow in the east and northeast US, but gradually got warmer each day. (Started in the 60s and ended in the 80s the day we left...mostly sunny every day though)

I don't know where you got Coke products as I am a Diet Pepsi addict and was SOOOOO happy because all of the soda machines there (not the kind you pay for...the fountain type) were Pepsi products.

The straw market in my opinion was not that great. It is VERY crowded and every vendor has almost the same items and they ALL want you to "give them a chance". There are however two markets right down the road from Breezes which are smaller than the ACTUAL straw market and had the same type of items (and a word of advice if you visit these...if you don't see what you want at one of them they will help you look for it at one of the other stands...they were VERY nice and friendly there).

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know!

Thanks!

Amherst, Ma
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked a Breezes Nassau Vacation, have some questions

Hi everyone :) I'm also staying at Breezes in April. How difficult was it to get reservations at the specialty restaraunts? I'm also a lttle nervous about the conditions of the rooms- not expecting a 5 star, but I at least don't want to have to worry about plumbing issues.

Lake Geneva...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked a Breezes Nassau Vacation, have some questions

I think I posted this on another question, but the specialty restaurants do book up rather quickly. The girl that takes the reservations gets there at 8:00am and there is usually a line waiting there for her when she gets there. They only book for the same and next day at one time. There are 6:30 and 8:30 seatings. The one good thing that did work for me was that you are allowed to call her to book them (why wait in line if you can just call), so I called down there right at 8:00 one day to make my reservation for the next day.

By the way, if you like Filet Mignon, the Pastafari has the best one ever. You can cut it with a butter knife and it "melts in your mouth". It comes with eggplant and mozzerella cheese on it, but I requested no eggplant and they were fine with that!

Just go and enjoy your trip!!

Nikki

Schererville...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked a Breezes Nassau Vacation, have some questions

kteacher19, the rooms are fine. i dont know what people are making a big deal about. We had a room on the main floor 258, sure there are cracks in the walls and paint peeling but we had no problems. Also, as far as reservations go, For the garden of eden or pastafari you need to go the 1st morning you are there and make reservations at 8 am for the following night otherwise you wont be able to get in. Also, there is a line at 8 am! we went there (accross from the front desk) one am at 9 and both places were booked. you can also get the extension from the front desk and call from your room at 8 am.

Amherst, Ma
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked a Breezes Nassau Vacation, have some questions

Thanks :) Another question- I know they say no tipping, but i still feel I should leave something, especially for the housekeeping and bar staff. Are they allowed to take tips?