We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Please on Hidden Fees

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Please on Hidden Fees

Hi everyone,

Reading some reviews (yahoo.com) it would seem that the NBH charged daily maids fees of $37 and one off bell hop fees. Is this really the case? They make no mention of it on their web site...booked through Expedia so hoping that makes it 'concrete'. Been trying to email them to ask (nicely) if they could reserve a good room in the New Providence wing (as advised by other members here) but no reply yet. Is it worthwhile calling them or is it just a case of waiting until you get there?

Thanks for any help.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Please on Hidden Fees

It's listed on their website

http://www.nassaubeachhotel.com/rates.htm

Check the fine print with expedia, they usually do not include all these charges.

Taxes and Gratuities to be added to the above rates

12% Room toll/levy

$6.00 per person, per day energy surcharge.

$3.75 per person, per day Maid gratuity.

$5.25 per person, per day Maid/Beach/Pool gratuities.

$5.40 per person roundtrip for porterage.

15% gratuity on meal plans.

The above taxes and gratuities are current, and subject to change.

Bonus Features

Children under the age of 18 years are free, room only (maximum two adults and two children) when sharing with their parents. Children 12 years and older must pay Energy Surcharge, Gratuities and Porterage.

Water sports Free use of float mats, VU boards, single kayaks, double kayaks and snorkel sets.

Fitness Center Free use of state-of-the-art fitness center (non supervised).

Tennis Free use of 6 floodlit tennis courts during non-prime time hours.

Chaise Lounges Free use of chaise lounges and beach towels at beach and pools.

Managers Cocktail Party Complimentary Cocktail Party every Friday evening.

PA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Please on Hidden Fees

I too am aprehensive. I am going to call the hotel myself.

Will let you know the outcome.

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Please on Hidden Fees

Expedia have come back and said that the only extra fees payable should be extra ones such as using minibars and phones. They could not comment on maids fees etc. I am bracing myself to pay them basically. From the list on their website it looks as you have to pay @£20+ a day on top of your booking total. A bit of a shock if it is in fact applied. Will let you know.

I am assuming that it is not required to tip staff then...!? I would prefer to tip each person in turn who deserves it.

Thanks for the info Scubagirl.

Sunny(?) Bahamas here I come!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Please on Hidden Fees

Please let us know when you get back how your trip was.

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice Please on Hidden Fees

Just got back from my 10 day trip to NBH and good news.... there were no extra fees to pay apart from some local phone calls ($5). The Expedia booking already incoporated the maids fees etc. it would seem. Loved the NBH and would have no hesitation in going back there. It has far more character and charm than the newer hotels and the staff were generally very friendly and helpful. Will do fuller review under hotel listing.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice Please on Hidden Fees

Thanks Mobius. I feel a little better now. I booked my trip with Travelocity. I'll call and verify fees are covered. Glad to hear the trip was good. We'll be going to NBH in three weeks. Look forward to reading your review.

7. Re: Advice Please on Hidden Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 pm, June 09, 2015
Greencastle...
Level Contributor
84 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice Please on Hidden Fees

Hi ,

I too am trying to find out about these Crazy fees.. the way I figure it, for my 4 day 3 night stay, for three people it would be aprox another $250 usd... if thats the case for $400 more I could stay at an all inclusive.. I will be on the telephone in the morning to my travel agent... I did request the New Providence Wing,, and did have a reply saying they could put in my request,, but not guarantee it.. give them a few days to respond.. please post if you find something out! Thanks Cathy

New York, NY
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice Please on Hidden Fees

I always book my stay at the Nassau Beach Hotel thru Expedia. They give you the price upfront--all fees are included. I don't use the phone or in-room safe and I've never had to pay anything extra. I've heard their phone bills are outrageous.

Get answers to your questions about Nassau