We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sharks

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
virginia beach, va
2 posts
Save Topic
sharks

Im going snorkeling for the first time in march and Im such a scardey cat of sharks.. will i see any? should i not go snorkeling, do they come up real close? what kind of animals will i see?

thanks,

Mitzy

CINCINNATI
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sharks

i was at the sheraton on p.i. in march 03 and saw an 8 foot shark swim by the beach.. people said that the saw it the night before. the locals will tell you that there are no sharks, but thats not true.. good luck

Baltimore, MD
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sharks

I don't think you have to worry too much about sharks (the animals). If I were you, I'd worry more about the other kinds of sharks (man/woman) out to get every hard earned dollar out of your wallet or purse.

We went to Stuart's Cove and took in a SUB dive. I felt a bit concerned when the lady at the counter ran our credit card twice through the credit card scanner. My concern was confirmed when I came home and called the credit card company for a detailed listing of all charges. The company had charged us twice, and had informed us "the card did not go through the first time," yeah, right.

Check all your charges carefully. DON'T pre-book with the hotel and pay cash. Instead, book with the actual vendors and pay by credit card. That way, if something goes wrong - bad weather, etc. - you can always call your credit card company and obtain credit.

The dive was great - we enjoyed seeing the fish up close and snorkeling - and WE DIDN'T SEE ANY SHARKS. The experience would have been much more memorable if we did not experience the double charging, etc. by the HUMAN SHARKS. Hope this helps someone.

Baltimore, MD
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sharks

I don't think you have to worry too much about sharks (the animals). If I were you, I'd worry more about the other kinds of sharks (man/woman) out to get every hard earned dollar out of your wallet or purse.

We went to Stuart's Cove and took in a SUB dive. I felt a bit concerned when the lady at the counter ran our credit card twice through the credit card scanner. My concern was confirmed when I came home and called the credit card company for a detailed listing of all charges. The company had charged us twice, and had informed us "the card did not go through the first time," yeah, right.

Check all your charges carefully. DON'T pre-book with the hotel and pay cash. Instead, book with the actual vendors and pay by credit card. That way, if something goes wrong - bad weather, etc. - you can always call your credit card company and obtain credit.

The dive was great - we enjoyed seeing the fish up close and snorkeling - and WE DIDN'T SEE ANY SHARKS. The experience would have been much more memorable if we did not experience the double charging, etc. by the HUMAN SHARKS. Hope this helps someone.

Baltimore, MD
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sharks

virginia beach, va
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sharks

Wow, thanks for the tip about the people around there, I would be upset to find out they double charged me, I will make sure I bring cash with me!