We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nassau airport and stay at windham

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nassau airport and stay at windham

Hi its my first time to Bahamas. I was trying to find tickets and I see two airport codes for Nassau. NAS and PID. Is it the same airport or different? I will be planning to stay at windham but my flight is probably going to be at NAS airport. So I am wondering if its close or really far from that hotel?

Also any other tips are appreciated! I already took notes down for snorkeling, the fruit drinks and the $1 bus :)

Thanks!

Ashburn, VA
Level Contributor
590 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nassau airport and stay at windham

It's NAS you want. Take a taxi from the airport to the Wyndham which should run $15-$22 and about 15 minutes. Ask the cab driver how much BEFORE getting in the cab. Have a great trip!

new york
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nassau airport and stay at windham

Thanks so much! :) I am nervous because I am planning the trip for beginning Oct or mid October so hopefully it will be good weather the whole time!

Ashburn, VA
Level Contributor
590 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nassau airport and stay at windham

The weather should be fine. We're going Oct 15-22 and have for the last few years with no problems. Don't even look at weather.com before you go- it is almost never correct. Even the TV stations get it wrong while you're there.

new york
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nassau airport and stay at windham

Thanks! You sure are a nassau expert!. Is there anything I missed out in planning. So far I want to go to Rose Island with in Sea Island Adventure since it also includes snorkeling. Also want to go around downtown and see it. I will be there 4 days. Anything else I should know? How far is the atlantis for wyndham? Is it a walk or a separate island? Thanks. I appreciate all your help. Sure is a great forum!

Ashburn, VA
Level Contributor
590 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nassau airport and stay at windham

The Atlantis is not even close to walking distance. You can either; take a cab for about $25 anytime, take the $1 #10 bus (until 6-7pm) to Nassau and then the ferry for $3 or a cab (ferry stops around 6pm also). The Sea Island cruise to Rose Island is very nice, good choice. There are many other things to do, it really depends on what you want.

Get answers to your questions about Nassau