We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ardastra gardens and zoo

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
ardastra gardens and zoo

Can someone tell me, if we want to go to the zoo from the Wyndham, can I take the jitney downtown or do I have to take a taxi, if so how much would it run? How much is admission? Is it better to buy tickets at the hotel? Would teens enjoy it or is it more gardens than zoo? Thanks.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ardastra gardens and zoo

You can take the #10 jitney from outside your hotel for just $1 each. Tell the bus driver where you are headed. You will get off at Arawak Cay (there at big sign for Arawak Cay, and you can see all the restraurants of the Fish Fry from the street. )

When you get off.. there's a small street across the main road from the bus stop, and a sign for the Zoo. It's a 5 minute walk up the road.

The zoo is open 7 days a week from 9am to 5pm, with the famous marching flamingo shows at 10.30am, 2.10pm and 4.10pm daily and Lory parrot feedings at 11:00am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm daily. Admission is $12.00 for adults and $6.00 for children 4-12 years of age. Children three and under are free.

Buy tickets at the gate.. Your teens will have a good time with the flamingos walking freely througout the grounds, peacocks etc.. as well as holding the parrots etc. Its a nice family afternoon.

http://www.ardastra.com/