We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message to scubbagirl

Temecula, CA
4 posts
Save Topic
Message to scubbagirl

as the local expert, i'd like your honest up-to-dATE opinion on The British Colonial Hotel where we will be staying at. My friends and i are going, and we'd like to save money, as well as have a good time... We are aged 22-24 and we'd love to have a great time!! I heard some sad news about the weather as well, so what will the weather be like? Thanks

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,497 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Message to scubbagirl

The weather in the summertime is usually VERY hot and humid, there are intermittent thunderstorms that come and go quickly and "refresh" the day from the heat. Locals call it liquid sunshine. Hurricane storms usually do not take place until the very end of August thru mid October.. Of course, there may NOT be any storms, but this time of year is iffy.

As for the BCH, it's a top notch classic BUSINESS hotel, smack in the middle of downtown Nassau. It has a tiny beach on the harbour, a moderate size pool, a nice bar and grill and very calm, quiet and serene ambiance. This is NOT a party place, it's NOT a resort, but it a very nice, very comfortable hotel that is VERY close to everything you want to do. If you are planning on noisy partying in your room, or shouting down the hallways, go elsewhere. If you want a nice clean and comfortable spot to use as home base, the BCH is for you.

They have no problem throwing you out if you bother other guest with loud or boisterous partying. Most people love this hotel. It's a great place in a great location.

Mentioned in this post
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island