We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety Issues

TN
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Safety Issues

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep room keys etc safe while on the beach, etc. while spending time in the water or pool. I've heard you shouldn't leave things on your chairs unattended. Will people take books, towels and things like that?

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety Issues

They sell the things that you can put around your neck or attach to your bathing suite and it holds money and keys. I have never had anything taken from my beach towel or chair, but I guess it can and does happen. Have a great time!!

TN
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety Issues

Thanks. I'm assuming you can buy those at the hotels or anywhere down there?

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
641 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety Issues

You can buy the waterproof holders that hang on your neck at Target or Walmart prior to your trip and it will be much cheaper. Remember to hang on to them after your trip. We have been using the same ones for years. Julie

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety Issues

Please buy those before you leave. The price is double there. They know you need them, so that means higher prices. Same goes for things like suntan lotion, buy before you leave.

TN
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety Issues

Thanks for the advice. I'll be leaving in a couple of weeks. Guess it's time to get my act together and to

start getting ready.

Can't wait!!!