We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bacardi Rum Factory Tour

Milford...
Level Contributor
15 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Bacardi Rum Factory Tour

What is the most economical way to get to the Bacardi Rum Factory ? I know the #10 takes you to downtown, but is there a bus that takes you to the southern part of the island?

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bacardi Rum Factory Tour

#16 will take you. But check with the Rum Factory.. they are due to close in the Spring, so I'm not sure they are still doing tours.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
293 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bacardi Rum Factory Tour

it's on the southwest side of town, and to be honest it isnt worth the ride out to the boonies to see it. and it stinks like crap over that way. just go to the cricket club and taste the bacardi they have there

Milford...
Level Contributor
15 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bacardi Rum Factory Tour

Thanks for the info. We will be there at the end of the month, so hopefully it will still be open

Stevens...
Level Contributor
990 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bacardi Rum Factory Tour

scubagirl why are they closing the factory? Are there any plan for developing that area?

Ontario, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bacardi Rum Factory Tour

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question since I usually rent a car when I'm on the island. We love to go to the Bacardi Rum factory. They have an awesome exterior bar with free drinks...who wouldn't love that? You don't have to take the tour to enjoy it...we usually buy our rum there as it's even cheaper than the already low prices at most liquor stores on the island. They also have a nice gift shop with Bacardi merchandise...nice stuff...not too expensive. So...I'm really disappointed to hear that the factory may close? Is this true? I do know that the government is doing some development in the area with the creation of a new National Park, (there are some neat ruins out here on the west end of the island) but I don't think this should interfere with the rum factory. Can anyone elaborate on what's happening there?

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bacardi Rum Factory Tour

I've forgotten the details, but apparently the factory was opened to avoid some tax/import issues years ago. That is no longer the case, so they are closing. The factory is being taken over by a small US company.

If I can find the details.. I'll repost.

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bacardi Rum Factory Tour

iht.com/articles/…CB-FIN-Bahamas-Bacardi.php

here's a link.

I've heard that the plant will likely close THIS spring.. not next.

Concord NC
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bacardi Rum Factory Tour

Yes, they are closing April 2009.

Ontario, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bacardi Rum Factory Tour

While the factory is closing April 2009, not all is lost. I understand Bacardi plans to open a retail location downtown Nassau featuring all their cool, reasonably priced Bacardi stuff...hats, t-shirts, ashtrays, bags and of course their great rums.

Also heard they are hoping to open a bar/nightclub on New Providence (downtown Nassau?) as well! While I'm dissappointed the factory is closing I believe the company is doing everything they can to ensure employees retain their jobs through these other venues or will be helped to retain other work...this is really what's most important, and travellers will still be able to enjoy a great Bacardi experience on New Providence.

I'm really looking forward to go back to see what develops.

10. Re: Bacardi Rum Factory Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 18, 2009