We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Power Outages

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Power Outages

How often are there power outages in the Bahamas?

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Power Outages

There is no way to tell. We can go months without power interruptions...and then go days in a row with power outages. Lasting from 30 minutes to several hours. And a few times recently, the entire island grid went down for several hours.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Power Outages

Well, this is making me a bit nervous. My husband and I get one vacation per year. We've never been out of the US, so we were looking forward to visiting the Bahamas. However, spending a gret deal of money to be without power doesn't seem practical to us.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Power Outages

Power outages happen anywhere.. not just in the bahamas. it has happened to us in Mexico this past winter and happened again in Sesiembra, Portugal earlier this summer. 4/6 hours without power or water. We dealt with it. It certainly didn't ruin out trip.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Power Outages

I wouldn't let it affect your decision. Also, the resorts and many vacation rentals have back up generators. And if the power did go out, that wouldn't keep you from going to beach or pool...would it?

Great Exuma
Level Contributor
232 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Power Outages

most hotels and resorts have back up generators,so you would probably not be affected by any "possible power outage".

6. Re: Power Outages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 14, 2013