We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which island for snorkeling and shopping

Skowhegan, Maine
1 post
which island for snorkeling and shopping

I'm trying to find out which island is best for snorkeling and shopping. Thinking about surprising my wife with a trip next may. We would enjoy snorkeling at the reefs, souvenir shops, nice beeches, and maybe ecotourism. Some cave adventuring and jet ski rentals would be cool as well. Seems like each island has it's specialty and none have all things in abundance. Maybe vacationing between two easily connected islands could worm as well?

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: which island for snorkeling and shopping

Sorry but I think ecotourism and jet skis do not go together. Eleuthera and Long Island have caves, good snorkeling and great beaches but not a lot of shopping. In fact there's not a ton of shopping on any of the out islands so you might want to focus more on the more touristy islands like grand Bahama or New Providence

2. Re: which island for snorkeling and shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 18, 2015