We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure Cay

dayton,ohio
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Treasure Cay

We recently visited Treasure Cay in March. It was the most spectacular beach I have ever seen. We stayed at the Treasure Cay Marina and Resort.It was a nice place, but a lot smaller room than I thought it would be. But when you are in the Bahamas why would you want to be in your room anyway? I suggest getting the room with a microwave and fridge. We ate out some, but went to the grocery and bought food mostly. The groceries are high because you are on an island. Gallon of milk was $6. Most everything that we bought was close to double the cost in the states. The Spinaker was an ok place to eat, but Coconuts was much better. Coconuts will send a shuttle to your hotel to pick you up and take you to eat and bring you back at no charge. Plan on spending at least $20 each not counting drinks when you go out to eat. The Coco Beach Bar had pretty good food, although a little pricey also. $9.50 for a burger and fries. $12 dollars for a conch burger and fries. It is nice because it is right on the beach. You have to rent a golf cart and explore the island. Chris at Cash's Carts was very helpful to us. He gave us lots of tips and ideas of things to do. The cart was abou $250 for the week. Our entire trip ended up costing $5000. Our airfare was really high because it was Spring Break time and we got a flight with 1 stop.Airfare was about $1900, hotel was about $1400 and we spent about $1500 on food and drinks. I feel it was well worth the money.We will definitely go back next year. If anyone has any questions please e-mail me at kevinball32@aol.com

kevin

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Treasure Cay

Nice report.

We stayed at Treasure Cay a couple of years ago. that is a spectacular beach!

Did you hop around some of the cays?