We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YIKES!! How much money will I actually need??

BC
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
YIKES!! How much money will I actually need??

Need your help! So, after years of doing the AI thing in Mexico, I have just booked 3 families to Nassau!! Very excited, UNTIL, I checked the prices of food, accommodations etc. We are thinking we should just stay at the Beach Towers at Atlantis. This may be the only time we ever get there so maybe we should at least experience that. Checked out Comfort Suites but we inadvertently booked over US Thanksgiving, so we're thinking Atlantis could be pretty booked and may cap the free entry.

~Is staying at Atlantis worth it?

~Thoughts on the meal plan? (we have done a trip 20 years ago where we realized we were in over our heads for costs just to eat!!), hence our loving the AI and just needing tip money and a bit of spending.

~Any other golden nuggets of info you can share!!??

We thought about staying at the RIU but with 5 kids between 6-16 we figure they really will love all the Atlantis has to offer.

~Anyone know the cost of say the Seagrapes Buffet? I'd like to get an idea of whether we will eat more than $70 every single day, I'm not adverse to packing food/alcohol.

LAST question!! ~will it be a problem to bring pre mixed drinks in a to go cup, or beers in a beach bag to the pools/beaches?

Whew! thanks to any and all info that you can share!

Jp

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: YIKES!! How much money will I actually need??

Comfort Suites is a great place to stay on Paradise Island with the included access to the amenities at Atlantis. As long as you have a reservation at C.S. you will have access to Atlantis no matter how full Atlantis is. I've stayed at C.S. 11 times the past six years for one week stays and never had a major problem with any of my rooms.

The Beach Tower at Atlantis is a lot older than C.S.. It was built about 30 years ago. C.S. OTOH, opened about 15 years ago. It's also a shorter walk from C.S. over to the Aquaventure water park at Atlantis.

Another great benefit if you stay at C.S. is the free Hi-Speed WIFI Internet access in all rooms. It's not free at Atlantis except for 15 min. per person per day at the Library computers.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: YIKES!! How much money will I actually need??

You can bring your own beverages and food to the pools and beaches at Atlantis. However, NO glass containers are allowed.

BC
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: YIKES!! How much money will I actually need??

Thanks Tigervette! It's actually your posts that has me re-thinking the CS. It was my initial choice, then got scared off from a couple bad reviews, but am now thinking with the free breakfast and fridges in rooms, plus actual room in the rooms we may have a plan!

Thanks for clarifying on the admittance to Atlantis, I heard if they reach capacity they will not allow "outside" people to come in!

Jp

NJ
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: YIKES!! How much money will I actually need??

Never heard of Atlantis refusing admittance with full capacity. Disney parks do that, though.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,474 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: YIKES!! How much money will I actually need??

Atlantis does restrict based on occupancy,but comfort suites guests are guaranteed entrance with a paid room.

Holidays,spring break and special event days are often blacked out.

Edited: 10:40 am, September 29, 2011
6. Re: YIKES!! How much money will I actually need??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, September 29, 2011
Edited: 9:05 pm, September 29, 2011
7. Re: YIKES!! How much money will I actually need??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, September 29, 2011
Edited: 9:05 pm, September 29, 2011
here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,474 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: YIKES!! How much money will I actually need??

Atlantis does restrict based oj occupancy,but comfort suites guests are guaranteed entrance with a paid room.

Holidays,spring break and special are often blacked out.

BC
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: YIKES!! How much money will I actually need??

Scubagirrl

just wanting to clarify...holidays, spring break and special are often blacked out...but not to CS guests?? Correct? Thanks guys!

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,474 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: YIKES!! How much money will I actually need??

Correct. If you rent a room at CS or Atlantis, you are guaranteed admittance. If they are at full capacity.. it is very crowded.. Overcrowded during the day when the cruise ships are in. So bring your patience.