We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahamas Solo?

Boston MA
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Bahamas Solo?

If staying at a large resort, do y'all think it'd be safe to visit the Bahamas alone? Which hotels are best for safety and avoiding being harassed? I'm thinking of taking a beach vacation in March and I'd like to go alone and lie in the sun. Anybody done something similar in the Bahamas?

Thanks so much for all your insights!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahamas Solo?

I have stayed many times at the British Colonial hilton by myself. It's more of a business hotel than a resort. Small and quiet, with a great staff.

If you're friendly with staff.. you're concierge will see to it that you have a good (and safe) time.

The rooms are a bit on the small side, but well appointed with British Colonial furnighings. Nice quiet bar, outdoor patio grille, live music nitely. Only guests with room cards can access the elevators.

minnesota
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahamas Solo?

We've gone to the Radisson Cable Beach a few times now. We took our 6 and 8 yr olds with us and thought it was very safe. The beach is private, rarely a person gets through selling anything, the staff was real nice, all-inclusive, no hassles there, great beach and views. We went downtown during the day, but stayed into the evening one night and wouldn't do night time downtown alone. But I wouldn't do that anyway in a city I didn't know in the states either. Hope you have a great time. We are also going on March, looking for the same thing, beach time!!

Durham, England
Level Contributor
46 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahamas Solo?

We stayed at the radisson cable beach and found it very safe, the beach security were very good at keeping anyone who wasn't supposed to be there out, and they were patrolling the beach all day, no problems and loved it.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahamas Solo?

I've been to Nassau and one of the out islands "alone" but found it hard to stay "alone" because the people (men and women) are so friendly--everyone wants to talk and "help" the alone tourist have a good time!!!! I always felt safe but took the same precautions I take in my home city...

Syracuse
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahamas Solo?

Not sure when you are going but I just booked a trip to Nassau by myself for this weekend. (The airfare was a great price!) I heard the Cable Beach Resort is good with security and gives you a bit of privacy on the beach.