We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time travelers need advice.

Minnesota
10 posts
Save Topic
1st time travelers need advice.

My husband and I are trying to plan a trip for mid April 06, but we're having trouble even deciding where to go since we've only been to Florida. So we're thinking of the Bahamas or Mexico, but how to decide? We're in our early 30's (leaving the 3 little rugrats with Grandparents) and we'd like to be on a beautiful beach, with calmer waters and good snorkleing, relax, dine, and perhaps take in a little nightlife...but not surrounded by spring break kids. Is April late enough to miss the spring breakers?

We would probably not spend much time doing traditional "sightseeing", so famous landmarks etc. are not a top priority. Just looking for gorgeous surroundings without an overly huge crowd...but also not totally isolated.

I'm thinking all-inclusive sounds good, but have no experience to base that on. Any ideas to get me started would be great, thank you.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time travelers need advice.

Check out the Sandals Royal Bahamian - adult only, relaxing, good food. The big problem is there is not much nightlife - a piano bar, and a band that plays on weekends.

Really nice grounds and you can be as private or social as you wish. There is also a really good snorkeling trip to a reef right of thier off shore island.

All inclusive is great...you dont need anything! Everything is included at SRB - all drinks, food, snacks, etc. Just walk around and order whatever you want.

Check out the reviews for SRB. We loved it.