We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Bahamas - please help me!

Level Contributor
433 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New to Bahamas - please help me!

I have traveled Mexico (Carribean side) and Cuba. I want to start looking for a new destination.

We are total beach people and I LOVE the amazing views I have seen on TV of Turtle Island - Paradise Island etc. I have read that some of the Bahamas are a total ZOO.

I am looking for somewhere that is great to take kids and has some ameneities to offer - clean well appointed rooms, but prefer a bungalow style idea. ON THE beach.

It would be nice to have some restaurant choices, maybe even room service and a pool or two.

Out kids will be 6 & 9 when we plan this vacation. I would like a laid back style vacation without it being to rustic and don't want to fight line-ups or for a lounger.

Please give me some ideas!

Lake Grove, New York
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Bahamas - please help me!

THere is always the Atlantis! That place is gorgeous. It is Pricey. How much are you looking to spend?

Level Contributor
433 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Bahamas - please help me!

Thankd Blondy, but from the reviews it sounds like a total zoo!! We are doing a big all inclusive this xmas so I am looking for a bit of a change. I really don't want to battle crowds the next place we book.

Any other suggestions??

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Bahamas - please help me!

If you don't like lines and crowds, and want a bungalow or boutigue resort rather than the glitzy high rise, check the One and Only Ocean Club or head to the out islands

Check out Harbour Island, Eleuthera or Abaco. Not much nitelife, but it won't be a ZOO.

www.briland.com

www.eleu.net

Lake Grove, New York
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Bahamas - please help me!

The radisson is very nice.. . It is very much a family oriented hotel. It is all inclusive, but not very expensive. I went to breezes when i went. Did not like it at all! There is also the riu, right next door to to the atlantis. it is nice as well.