We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Powerbost adventures

MA
2 posts
Save Topic
Powerbost adventures

Can anyone who has been on the powerboat adventure please tell me what to expect. Is this just as good as the dolphin swim? The dolphis swim was booked for our stay.

I will be going with two teenage (13 & 14) children. I have read good reviews, but also read abuut a rough ride and sea sickness, and having to stand up the whole ride to the Xumas, something that doesn't appeal to me.

What should I expect on the boat ride. Probably a silly question, but since the boat goes so fast, are there seat belts? It looks like the boat is airborne at times in the video, what prevents you from flying out of the boat at the high speeds? Do people really get sea sick on the ride?

I'd really like my family to sit together and don't want the kids up front away from us if we sit in the back. Do you think this would be a problem?

What can you do on the island if you choose not to snorkel? I also read the currents can be very strong. How far out and how deep is the snorkeling area?

Thank you in advance for your help.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,515 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Powerbost adventures

Yes, there are several very nice shops in the area. One in the Paradise Shopping Center (near Anthonys) as well as one at Hurricane Hole Shopping Center (5 minute stroll). THere are also stores and shoppes like Tommy bahamas in the Marina Village nearby.

Keep in mind that everything is cheaper in Nassau, you can find all these things and more downtown on Bay Street. Try the Island Shop.

Mentioned in this post
Anthony's Grill
Anthony's Grill
1,371 Reviews
New Providence Island
Marina Village
Marina Village
215 Reviews
New Providence Island
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island