We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October

Manchester, UK
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in October

Is the rain really bad in October? Will the sun still shine?!!

Orillia, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Nassau, Nassau
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in October

Yes, the sun will shine. We often go to the Bahamas in October and it is usually pretty good, not much rain and still hot!

Manchester, UK
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in October

Been reading reviews and seeing that October seems to be a bad month to choose due to the rainfall - your post has cheered me up now. Don't know what I am worrying about, anywhere in the world is better than Manchester, UK in October!!

Orillia, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Nassau, Nassau
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in October

I grew up in London and actually made the trek to Manchester only once. How is the old place?

I watch UK tv over here in Canada (not Coronation Street, I am an EastEnders fan).

Manchester, UK
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in October

Are the reviews really bad on the RIU Paradise Island as that is where we are heading to in October?

Orillia, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Nassau, Nassau
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in October

The Riu is the only all-inclusive in the Nassau and PI area that we haven't stayed at.

Having said that, all hotels get good and bad reviews, even the One and Only Ocean Club on Paradise Island - in that case it is because they don't provide the quality service one would expect for their over-the-top exhorbitant prices.

Don't panic - you will have an excellent vacation in the Bahamas. There is so much to see and do in Nassau and Paradise Island that you won't even have time to worry about stuff like whether they gave you an extra towel or not.

Manchester, UK
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in October

I know I shouldnt read the reviews, but I do! Thanks again for all your help - I will try and not look at anymore "bad" reviews and concentrate on looking forward to having a fun time.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in October

I beg to differ with regkit. Statistically speaking, October is the second wettest month in the Bahamas with an average rainfall of over 8 inches second only to June with over 9 inches.

This has been confirmed by my regular cab driver down there who has told me that October is a very rainy month. That's why I go in November when the average rainfall is only a little over 2 inches.

While it may not rain all day every day, 8 inches of rain in a month is a lot of rainfall.

Orillia, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Nassau, Nassau
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in October

Tigervette

Well I guess were just plain lucky then. Over the past 20 + years we have taken vacations in Nassau every month of the year - except August - and have never had any really bad weather, such as a whole day of rain, to the point that it interfered with our vacation.

Even a couple of times in mid September we still went, though with concerns ourselves about hurricanes and we didn't not even feel a single drop of rain.

9. Re: Weather in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, October 06, 2009