We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandals offshore island

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sandals offshore island

Has anyone been to the Sandals resort in the bahamas? I am trying to find out if their offshore island is a nude island.(trying to plan a resort to get married at not to keen on the nude island idea lol) Also, this resort seems to be the most expensive out of all of them. Has anyone been to this Sandals and another to be able to tell me if this resort is worth the extra money? Thanks alot!!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,497 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sandals offshore island

The private island is not considered a nude or topless island, although some sneak away to do this privately. The island is big enough and active enough so that you will not feel uncomfortable. Actually, public nudity is against the law in the bahamas. and since this "private" island is shared with other tours like Blackbeards Cay Beach Break (on the opposite side), it's not really private property.

Besides, there's plenty to do in Nassau and beyond, you don't even have to set food on this island. It's nothing special.

Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sandals offshore island

We stayed at Breezes, but considered staying at Sandals. We did walk down to check it out while we were there and while their pool area was pretty nice, their actual beach was kinda small and not that great. I guess that you could go to the private island, but that looked to be kind of a hastle to me.

depending on what you are looking to do, I would take a look at Breezes. The price is a little better. They had an area on the top of the building for weddings, and we saw a few couples actually do it on the beach.

Nudity is not big there, do not think I saw any although I to have heard that people sneak out to Sandals Island to get in some naked sun tanning

If you are interested I can send you a link to the site that we used to book our trip there, and to the Dominican. You can get some pretty sweet deals, if not for you maybe for your guests.

Shoot me an e mail and I will send it to ya

Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: sandals offshore island

Stayed at Sandals last month. The island is not a nude island. I thought Sandals was worth the extra money. We stayed in a honeymoon villa suite in the gardens. The room was very nice and not smelly at all as some people have said. The one thing that we found most appealing is the NO KIDS. We have a one year old and we didn't want kids running around when we were leaving ours at home. I think if you are planning on getting married then this would be a major plus for you. At the airport on the way home a couple that had stayed at Breezes were complaing about the party atmosphere and said they wished they would have spent the extra money and stayed at Sandals.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sandals offshore island

Hey there

I just went to SRB in June. Absolutely loved it. The offshore island is not nude but like the other post said you can sneak away and do your own thing.

So many people were getting married here but they were all beautiful weddings. The rooms are nice, it is over priced but it's a very nice resort. The staff were great from the time you step foot into the resort. The pools are nice with nice swim up bars, the beach is small but not to many people are on the beach so it's not crowded at all. And if you want the bigger beach then go to the island that doesn't really get crowed either. The restaurants were very good the only downside is , is that the reservations book up very quickly so while I was there, it was only a 3 night stay we went to Spices which was buffet and you did not need reservations and also the Italian restaurant (forgot the name) which was very good food. We actually went there twice.

The resort also has a lot of water sports that you can do that are included in your price.

It's very close to town so all you can do is catch the bus which is $1 each way and it takes you right to town where you can do some sight seeing and some shopping.

I would recommend this hotel I have pics if you want to see them let me know.