We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honoring Room Requests

Save Topic
Honoring Room Requests

Hi everyone, my wife and I are returning to Caneel for first time in 10yrs. Last time we stated on Scott beach for our honeymoon. Thinking about Hawksnest this time to save a bit of money. What is your experience in working with Caneel on room requests? For a 'beachfront' category room, will they confirm Hawksnest location at time of booking, or will we have to wait for check in? I'm not as keen on the other beachfront areas.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
235 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honoring Room Requests

I don't think that they will guarantee a room request. But, I have been there three times and have always had my request honored. I wouldn't ask for a specific room number, but I would ask for a location, such as first floor on Turtle, or a premium ocean view on Cottage Point, etc. You can call them and ask what they have available for your stay and they will note your request. Do this when you make your reservation, don't wait until check in.

Edited: 6:02 pm, May 26, 2014
Corydon, Indiana
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honoring Room Requests

I've tried several methods of requesting a location/room and had varying degrees of success. However, I think calling the desk and speaking with them directly is one good way to go. I have had 100% success rate with going through a travel agent. If an agent is part of a large group like Signature or Virtuoso then they have a relationship with Caneel. However, I also think that not being part of Rosewood anymore will make these kinds of things a little easier.

Save Reply
3. Re: Honoring Room Requests

Thanks for the responses. At what point in the process can/will they tell you which 'area' you will be at? For example, I would like to be on Hawksnest, which, to my understanding, is under the 'Beach Front' umbrella. And I do not want to be in some of the 'Beach Front' rooms closer to the reception and main beach area. Will they guarantee Hawsknest at the time of booking if it is available?

Corydon, Indiana
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honoring Room Requests

They won't guarantee area within a category. They will continue to verify that you have made that request. To the best of my knowledge, you find out your room only at check in. Available when you book may not be available at the time because they also try to accommodate groups for weddings, families. We've gotten bumped before ( but got an upgrade). They also give precedence to repeat guests.

5. Re: Honoring Room Requests

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 01, 2015