We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Questions

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute Questions

I am getting pretty darn excited, we leave on Saturday morning.

I looked at the ferry schedule and it looks like there is a 1:30 ferry. we land at 12:30 so I am hoping that we will make the boat. Do they usually wait for other flights? I really don't want to hang around downtown until the next boat at 3:00

We are coffee junkies and I need to have coffee first thing. Can anyone tell me about the in room coffee maker? Will I need to get cream the night before and put it in the fridge?

P.S. NYgatti- I sent you a PM :)

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Last Minute Questions

We will have a fridge so I will get milk and bring it back to the room.....oh wait! I caa pick up a bottle of Baileys at the airport and use that for creamer!!!

St. John
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Last Minute Questions

Baileys is my favorite way to enjoy coffee on vacation :) They used to set up a complimentary coffee/Tea station at the bar with pastries before the restaurant opened for the early risers. You know I never made it there but Jim would always bring me a coffee and pastry back to the room ;)

Mt.Laurel,NJ
Level Contributor
842 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Last Minute Questions

hey there, Tink-

Have a great trip,- so close!!!

Why not try Cruzan Rum Cream for your coffee...?

I've had it in mixed drinks, but might go good in a cup of java.

Smiles-

MJ

Roslyn, New York
Level Contributor
275 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Last Minute Questions

You will probably make the1:30 boat. My experience is that many flights land early. Regardless the Caneel staff will usually wait a little bit to make sure they get you on the boat. Also, I have experienced them holding the boat departure for 15 minutes or so if a group is on its way from the airport. If you miss the boat they will probably bring you into town so you can stroll around the shops waiting for the next boat, which I believe is 3:45.

As to the room coffee, its OK. We bring Starbucks Via instant packets with us. Much better. I agree the in room creamer could be better but I can put up with it if I am drinking an early morning coffee overlooking a beach. Enjoy your trip.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Last Minute Questions

You should have no problem making the 1:30pm boat. Just curious, if you're staying at Caneel Bay, you're taking their private tender and not the public ferry, correct? Be sure to check the daily schedule of activities, they offer some really cool things like a beginning scuba diving course and a star watching excursion at night on the property. Caneel is also one of the only resorts that has created a detailed map of all of their beaches to guide you on what type of marine life you can expect to see in the waters. Mega awesome thanks to Lucy!

Enjoy your holiday at one of my favorite resorts in the Caribbean.

St. John
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Last Minute Questions

MahoJim Cruzan Rum Cream has been discontinued :(

NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Last Minute Questions

The property has a new coffee shop selling Intelligentsia coffee and espresso drinks, along with house made gelato and paninis. It is located next to the gift shop. Intelligentsia is outstanding coffee.

18. Re: Last Minute Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 03, 2015