We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

Tyler, Texas, USA
Level Contributor
77 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

Hi,

What is the best way to book Caneel Bay? I saw that Expedia has the best prices (including breakfast), but I don't want to get "screwed" by booking through a third party. What do most people do? We plan on going in July. Thanks.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

I guess if you want to avoid a 3rd party, then you've answered your own question leaving direct as your only option.

Brownsburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

We called several times over the weekend and this past Monday and resort reservations would not budge on anything,,not even fridge @ $20 per day. So we we ended up booking online (8 nights) with Expedia, and saved over $700 vs. Rack rate, which is all the resort would offer. The only way to get the rate was to go through trip advisor for best pricing then click on the Expedia link....would not work going straight to Expedia website. We are traveling in late May. Not sure why Caneel would want to pay Expedia when they could have sold direct to us via phone,,

NY metro
Level Contributor
565 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

My own sole opinion is that Caneel doesn't get many expedia bookings. That opinion is conjecture only.

Palos Verdes, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

would you mind sending me your travel agent info as well? thank you

15. Re: Best Way to Book Caneel (TA, Direct, Expedia)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 25, 2015