We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caneel Bay

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Caneel Bay

When staying on St. John are you able to go to the Caneel Bay beach and bar if you are not a guest at the hotel. Can you purchase beverages and food on the beach?

Pleasant Valley...
Level Contributor
51 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caneel Bay

Yes, you can go to Caneel Bay Resort.

There is a charge of $10 for using the beach payable on the way out but if you spend $10 there and show your receipt on the way out, no charge.

There is a beautiful beach bar that you can order drinks from and at $10 a drink you don't have to worry about spending enough to cover the parking charge.

There is a nice open air restaurant for lunch and a larger open air restaurant for diner. They have a sea food buffet there on Monday nights for $72. It is all you can eat and includes lobster. The shrimp were great and the display of desserts was to die for.

There are several beaches you can also use but all equipment and beach chairs are for resort guest only.

Hope this helps....Al

new york
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caneel Bay

As the previous poster has mentioned there is a bar and and beach side restaurant. As far as ordering directly on the beach there is no beach service at honeymoon beach but during peak season there may be service on the main beach at caneel beach for hotel guests . I believe non-guests would need to avail themselves of the ordering directly from the bar if they want to bring their food onto the beach,but I am not 100% certain. The bar area is just steps from the beach and is quite pleasant and far more reasonable than the rest of the dining at caneel.Prices for entrees range from around $16 for a large burger with the works,wraps,sandwiches all come with fries through grilled steak/fish options in the mid $20+ range The bar/beach menu is good for salads.burgers,grilled fish,chicken etc. My kids,now fully grown, like the chicken fingers from the kids menu as a beach side lunch/snack . You can credit your purchase towards the parking fee which is $10 dollars.The frozen drinks are amazing. If Jackie is tending bar her Pina Colada is legendary. Enjoy!

Virgin Islands
Level Contributor
403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caneel Bay

To clarify, the $10 charge is for parking, not for the beach. You can park out on the road and walk in. This past month they were not allowing any non-guests onto the property for a couple of days. I have no idea why or whether this will recur.

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caneel Bay

In the past few weeks we ate dinner at the beach bar twice. During the evening they do not ask for $10 and just wave you through.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caneel Bay

Thanks for all the info it has been very helpful. 13 more days till USVI I can't wait!!!!

6. Re: Caneel Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Caneel Bay