We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle vs Scott

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Turtle vs Scott

Is it really worth the extra $150/night to stay at Scott over Turtle?

new york
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle vs Scott

The rooms on scott are in single story buildings with only 2-4 rooms in each building the rooms on turtle are situated in one two story building so you might have someone walking on top of your room or if you are on the second floor you can't walk directly off of your porch onto the beach. Both beaches are great but scott beach doesn't allow small children on the beach unless it is a holiday season. If you are a honeymooner you may have a bit more privacy on scott although you can visit scott even if you stay on turtle.Enjoy.

Level Contributor
425 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle vs Scott

Another thought - if you are going in the winter months I have noticed that the northerly swell makes Turtle almost not swimmable. Scott seems to be always calm. We stayed on Turtle in June - no northly swells - and loved it. Was there this week and also in November a couple years ago and Turtle was crashing waves.

Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle vs Scott

I would definately say Scotts even at the higher rate. We stayed on both and Scotts was private and quiet and no wave action at all. You can swin or float or snorkel and it is delightfull and no children.

Turtle had a lot of various boats passing by and therefore causing a lot of wave action all day plus as anoth poster pointed out is the wind iis from the North (Christmas/winter Winds) it can not even be swimable.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle vs Scott

We stayed on Scott in November, and it was heavenly. I liked the rooms much better on Scott since they were single story - rather than the two-story construction on Turtle. Also, Scott has a sunset view and Turtle will lose sun in the early afternoon (I believe this is true, someone please correct me if I am wrong). Turtle also seems a bit windier with more waves - especially near the rocks.

Both beaches are great. Scott is my favorite beach at Caneel and Turtle is my second favorite. You really can't go wrong either way, but Scott offers that extra bit of privacy and luxury IMO. Also, I think the 360 degree view from Scott is better than at Turtle.

Dana Point...
Level Contributor
266 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turtle vs Scott

Both beaches are nice. Turtle is my favorite beach, however the rooms are two stories on Turtle vs. 1 story on Scott and I really like being in a 1 story.

6. Re: Turtle vs Scott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, October 10, 2010