We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit from STT airport to Caneey Bay

PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transit from STT airport to Caneey Bay

what's the best way from STT airport to Caneey Bay resort? I heard hat US$100 for each person will be charged if Caneey bay arranges transport for you.

Is it worth to pay $100? another option will be with public transportation (ferry).

Please le me know your experience and suggestion.

Thank you very much!

Ann

Calif.
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transit from STT airport to Caneey Bay

Hi All, Don't mean to hijack this thead but we have a similiar question as we will be staying at Caneel next month (can't wait!).

We will be coming off a small cruise ship and are in the process of arranging pick up at the dock for the Caneel ferry rather than from the airport.

Have any of you ever been met at the dock before taking Caneel's ferry, and if so did you have any issues being met there rather than at the airport?

Thanks,

JLH

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transit from STT airport to Caneey Bay

I have not had that experience, but Caneel will provide you with a voucher for the ferry transit, and that should be all you need to board the ferry in Charlotte Amalie. You won't have checked in at the airport like most of the other passengers, but I don't see why that should make any particular difference.

I certainly think you should call Caneel directly and discuss your situation with them, and it sounds as though you're already doing that. As long as they know to expect you (ideally at an agreed-upon time), I can't imagine you'll have any problems.

You're in for a treat. Enjoy it.

Calif.
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transit from STT airport to Caneey Bay

Thank you. One problem I am having is getting confirmation from Caneel re: payment for our room and our (ferry) vouchers - and we leave this coming week!

We have called several times and they've been very pleasant, t deal with, assuring us our reservation is intact and that they will send an email confirmation "right away" (same day of our call) but still nothing has arrived.

Could be the holidays have slowed down the process more than usual because there are still no charges showing up on our credit card.

We're very excited to stay at Caneel. Just a little nervous that we might not get our confirmation and ferry voucher in hand before we leave!

JLH

PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Transit from STT airport to Caneey Bay

We just came back from Caneel Bay Vacation. We took Caneel Bay ferry which is convenient.

Ann

Kama'aina Wannabe...
Level Contributor
334 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Transit from STT airport to Caneey Bay

You really don't need the ferry voucher if you're flying into STT. You'll check in at the Caneel Office in the airport and they'll put you in a taxi with others headed to Caneel Bay. The taxi will take you to the ferry dock in Charlotte Amalie where you'll board the ferry. You may have some time to walk around depending when your flight lands and the ferry leaves. A confirmation # at least would be good to have for your ressie-have they charged your credit card? If so, that would be proof of payment.

16. Re: Transit from STT airport to Caneey Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, July 20, 2010