We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food choices

Pasadena
4 posts
Save Topic
Food choices

In a couple of months my wife and I are spending 4 days at Caneel Bay. We don’t have any plans to eat away from the resort. We are both relatively light eaters (no appetizers, split a dessert), we haven’t signed up for either of the meal plans. We would appreciate recommendations from those who have been to Caneel Bay. How’s the Continental Breakfast? Lunch suggestions, dinner recommendations.

Harrisburg
Level Contributor
527 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food choices

You will likely find the continental breakfast more than adequate. My warning is they break it down as soon as the main breakfast buffet opens. We learned from experience, don't go up with 10 minutes left expecting it to be fully stocked, the pickings will be slim.

Quality and selection was fine - coffees teas juices, breads, rolls, pastries. I don't remember fresh fruits.

Depending on what time of year you visit, your lunch choices may be limited to just the beach bar (burgers, salads, etc.)

Because of hurricanes, renovation and the like, the Turtle Bay House was not open during any of our trips. We always enjoyed the Equator for diner. I remember the Terrace buffet (Monday or Sunday night) being very good. After our first trip, we eat breakfast everyday and one evening meal on the resort, other times went to town.

NYC
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food choices

Hi

We were there about a year ago & opted to do the breakfast buffet (needed some protein!) which filled us up enough to hit the gorgeous beaches at Caneel for the day, then head into town for dinner. 2 years ago, we did do the big Monday evening buffet dinner at the Beach Terrace, which was very good...however last year at the same time (last week of Sept.) they did not do the buffet (too few guests) & I was disappointed at the ala carte dinner they served - it was just ok, not worth the price (you can do much better at restaurants in town...Lime Inn, La Tapa, etc...very easy to get there - take a taxi from Caneel's parking lot). The beaches at Caneel (along with the snorkeling) are W o n d e r f u l...have a great trip.

Get answers to your questions about Caneel Bay