We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maho tents - coffee?

kalamazoo
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
maho tents - coffee?

hi -

we are heading to maho shortly - too excited for words! savoring that building anticipation of "what tent will we get?" after sending in our prime choices months ago... we will be completely packed this weekend and i need some help?

specifically - what is the current mode of morning coffee set up in the tents? i remember feeling sad/frustrated when we found out that the small stove top perculator was removed from the tent kitchen set up 2 years ago - but what replaced it? i do not remember... has anyone been there recently that can fill in this blank?

10 replies to this topic
Nashville
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: maho tents - coffee?

we have not been to maho but concordia should be similar. they had those single cup brew cone thingy with filters(did that even make sense?). we either pack our own coffee or bring those single brew packets.

to me coffee is pricey there so I would definately bring your own.

kalamazoo
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: maho tents - coffee?

thank you. i was hoping i remembered wrong. we will bring instant...

Boston
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: maho tents - coffee?

Oh man, I remember being at Maho and loving walking up to the Caf to get a cup around 7AM each morning then relaxing on the deck and chatting with other early risers. I thought this made my coffee worth a million bucks.

kalamazoo
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: maho tents - coffee?

we loved the smell of that coffee perculating... then sugar on our deck railing for the bananaquits... reading and drinking coffee and watching the birds until we felt like getting dressed to walk to the pavilion for more coffeee and breakfast... i trust instant coffee will not be so bad...

as happy as i am to be returning - - - i hate this being our last trip to maho...

Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: maho tents - coffee?

When we go to Maho, we pack a plexiglass french press and bring a bag of ground coffee with us. It makes a great cup of coffee for us in the morning.

Mary

kalamazoo
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: maho tents - coffee?

great idea mary! and talking it over with my spouse - why not bring a tin campground perculator? it would not take up any more room than the french press... hhhmmmm....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: maho tents - coffee?

How was your trip? Was the stovetop still in the tent cabin? I'm heading down there in march and I'm hoping everything is there and that their website is at least sorta updated

also, is there a mini fridge? an ice box? if so, do I need to purchase an ice block?

Thank you!

Katie

Michigan
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: maho tents - coffee?

Each tent has a cooler and you can buy block ice or ice cubes at the Maho store. Each tent has a propane stove as well.

Mary

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: maho tents - coffee?

Thanks Mary!

Any chance you remember how much block ice or ice cubes were at the Maho store?

Illinois
Level Contributor
229 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: maho tents - coffee?

Katie,

Was there Jan 10-17 & bought ice at the Maho store

Block ice $5.50

Cube ice $2.50

Also, at the Pavilion restaurant, there's a big blue cooler filled ice (w a scoop to use) if you need a small amount of ice, in a pinch.

Have a GREAT time : )

Reply to: maho tents - coffee?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Maho Bay