We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tents at Maho for families

Michigan
Level Contributor
109 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Tents at Maho for families

Hi,

My family of 5 is going to Maho the first week in January. We rented 2 tents. Any recommendations on location? I like it quiet. I would rather not be where people are walking past us all night to the bathroom. I don't care how close I am to the beach, i figure I will need the exercise from vacation eating. A view would be nice. Any other advice for families would be great. Kids are 15, 13 and 9.

Chester, Connecticut
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tents at Maho for families

Try to get A16 and the opposite tent (don't remember if it's 15 or 17); there are two iguanas that live in the trees just outside the tents, and it's got a fabulous view (right over the bay) and a good breeze. Fewer stairs to the bathroom than some of the others, but not on the main track to the bathroom.

You will need to start stair-clibiming NOW! There are loads of stairs.

We stayed last winter with our two kids, ages 6 and 9 at the time. We had a blast, the single most relaxing vacation I've ever had. Glassblowers do thier thing almost every evening, and we made it a ritual to go to dinner at the onsite restaurant then watch the glassblowing for a couple of hours.

DFW, Texas
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tents at Maho for families

janet2323,

I highly recommend A13 and A14. My wife and I stayed in A14 and there is not a better view to be had...even better than A16 in my view. FYI...we also saw the iguanas.

Please see my trip report and photos (the link is in a seperate post) on this forum.

3. Re: Tents at Maho for families

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 18, 2009