We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting/buying an extra bed... also babysitting question

Chicago,IL
Level Contributor
213 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Renting/buying an extra bed... also babysitting question

We are almost set for our 2/16-22 vacation with 2 kids, ages 4 and 8. We found a lovely villa on St. Thomas. Unfortunately, there is only one bed in each bedroom, and the kids refuse to sleep together. I was wondering if there is a place where I could rent a blow up bed. Bringing one from home would make it another piece of weighty luggage.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has experience with hiring a babysitter for a night or two on St. Thomas. It would be nice to have a few hours to ourselves. Or maybe there is a kids club in the neighboring resorts that we can sign them up for? Any info would be appreciated.

ny
Level Contributor
306 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting/buying an extra bed... also babysitting question

You've posted in the St. John forum, not the St. Thomas forum. They are different islands.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,787 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting/buying an extra bed... also babysitting question

Kids Night In is a babysitting service based on STJ but I know that Leslie will come to you in STT to babysit. She is very highly recommended and respected

newsofstjohn.com/2013/…

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting/buying an extra bed... also babysitting question

Check with your villa manager, they may provide cots.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,129 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting/buying an extra bed... also babysitting question

Extra baggage is what $25. You are not going to find something to buy cheaper than that and many places will charge extra for a cot and it will add up to more than an extra bag fee.

5. Re: Renting/buying an extra bed... also babysitting question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, April 05, 2017