We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salt Pond/Rams Head Trail Question

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
150 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Salt Pond/Rams Head Trail Question

Less than 2 weeks and we will be in our villa in Coral Bay. I cannot wait! One morning we are planning on going to Salt Pond and hiking to Rams Head. I have read all the posts about taking water, etc. but have one more question. Is it safe to leave our beach chairs, towels, cooler, beach bag with no valuables on the beach at Salt Pond while we do our hike? I would hate to have to run back to our jeep to put everything away to go do the hike, but if it's the best thing to do we will obviously do it.

Thanks!

Julie

Germantown, MD
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salt Pond/Rams Head Trail Question

You should be fine. If it were us I would set up camp on the beach and go. It isn't really a long hike and it should feel great jumping in the water when you get back. We just did that hike two weeks ago and it is a nice viewpoint and you can usually see St, Croix in the distance.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Salt Pond/Rams Head Trail Question

You will be fine (OK now I just jinxed it lol) but don't leave money, credit cards, camera, cell phones etc

Pia

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
150 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salt Pond/Rams Head Trail Question

Thanks guys! That's kind of what I thought, just wanted some "expert" opinion! Cannot wait!

Julie

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
741 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salt Pond/Rams Head Trail Question

I would hike Ram Head early in the day as it can get very hot! We bring our snorkel gear with us only because we snorkel at Blue Cobblestone, and we leave our snorkel gear on that beach, then hike the trail. You should be fine leaving your things on Salt Pond -- just no valuables. Get there early so you can grab a spot with shade!

5. Re: Salt Pond/Rams Head Trail Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 06, 2014