We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Bay

Johnson City...
2 posts
Paradise Bay

Warning to those looking to park to go to beach. My husband and I following another couple saw no parking signs with arrow on sign pointing left and right. There isn't anything stating distance from sign etc and all vehicles were parked on the side of the road of the signs. So we parked approx 10 yards from sign. When leaving beach we had a ticket along with a couple of more vehicles. Mind you there were 30 or more vehicles in same area. We spoke to head ranger and ranger Smith the ticketing ranger but neither could tell us why our vehicle was ticketed nor explain the law pertaining to the signs. Targeting tourists and zero integrity. We have asked for a written statement of the law so time will tell. BEWARE!

21 replies to this topic
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,269 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: Paradise Bay

Did it appear only "Rental" vehicles were ticketed? Wonder if rental vehicles are identified as such by license plate #s like many places we visit?

Johnson City...
2 posts
2. Re: Paradise Bay

Yes. Of the 2 or 3 vehicles with tickets they were rentals.

Pa.
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
133 reviews
3. Re: Paradise Bay

Where were you parked?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
418 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Paradise Bay

Workouthrd, bummer! Sounds like the arrows were misinterpreted by somebody. We hate to be easy marks anyway and I take several decals from my collection to mask the barcodes and make our rental (in STJ it was a Toyota Corolla) to look more like a local. Sorry to hear about your experience, we saw no ticketing while we stayed for 8 days in STJ and were all over the island.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Paradise Bay

Where is Paradise Bay?

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Paradise Bay

Paradise Bay? I have never heard of it

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,164 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Paradise Bay

There's apparently a Paradise Bay near St. John, Indiana!!!!

8. Re: Paradise Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, February 01, 2017

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: Paradise Bay

TPLife, if you were driving a new corrola on STJ that you rented on STT, everyone knew you were a tourist. The License plates are according to island and new Corollas are a sure sign of a tourist from STT. Sorry to bust your bubble on looking like a local.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,269 posts
51 reviews
10. Re: Paradise Bay

We'll be driving a rental from Zip on STT when visiting St John. I'm sure it will be detectable, by anyone who cares, as a rental. Not particularly worried as we typically leave a rental unlocked with nothing of value inside when going to beaches etc. Should we be concerned driving a rental? My impression has been that St John is pretty safe.

Reply to: Paradise Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Islands...