We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Polli's Mexican Restaurant

Which Cruz Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Polli's Mexican Restaurant

Has anyone ever eaten at Polli's in the Lumberyard? I would appreciate your comments.

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Polli's Mexican Restaurant

Polli's is one our favorites. I love the pulled pork and DH loves the fish tacos. Be sure to get a pitcher of margaritas. The best on the island!! YUM!

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Polli's Mexican Restaurant

I ate there a couple of years ago and was not impressed at all. Medicore at best. We much preferred Margherita Phil's at Mongoose Junction.

rhode island
Level Contributor
388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Polli's Mexican Restaurant

i agree with diana2.... good food and the best margaritas !! we were disapointed w/phils. guess you'll have to try both and see for yourself !!!

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Polli's Mexican Restaurant

...yes polli's is average....but 2 dollar tacos @ happy hour is the best deal on the island.

margarita phils is better but his prices are outrageous and when he won't give you a glass a water unless you "buy" it is criminal.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Polli's Mexican Restaurant

We always visit Polli's. The food is good. The drinks are great and you can sit on the porch and catch a breeze.

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Polli's Mexican Restaurant

I have a couple of buddies that go there all the time to eat. The thing is, neither of them ever eat mexican. Polli's has a lot of "home-style" kind of dishes that my buddies really enjoy. I've been told their beef brisket and meatloaf are very good!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
496 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Polli's Mexican Restaurant

My wife & I have been to the island several times, have eaten at both, Phil's is our favorite especially the drinks! Try them both! Don't forget to try Cafe Roma's if you like Itilian Rest.'s Have Fun!

tucson
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Polli's Mexican Restaurant

sorry to say, but I dont know how anyone can think pollis is even slightly good. its the worst mexican food i've ever had. the spinach enchiladas were dry and the spinach tasted like it had gritty sand in it. its way to expensive for awful food. I wouldnt even want it for free. I am not a picky eater at all but this restaurant should be embarassed to be called mexican. maybe their other food is better. marg phills is better food but still too expensive for what it is. I know its st. john and prices are high at all restaurants, but come on, if youre gonna charge that much for cheap ingredients, cook something thats edible.

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Polli's Mexican Restaurant

I finally got around to going to Polli's myself. I had the pulled pork, very good. I took my 5 year old son the other day because when I went there the first time I noticed that had games, toys, and movies. There are not to many "kid" friendly places here.... I had the fajitas the second time and they were also very good. It's not the BEST, but I thought it was good for the price and the fact that I can take my son there and have a good time is a real plus. I'm sure I will be back!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Polli's Mexican Restaurant

Polli's was the worst meal we had on the island. Thank goodness we didn't waste it on a dinner. We only had lunch.

If you are in the mood for Mexican I can suggest JJ's Texas Coast Cafe. Kinda a Tex-Mex. They were by far...better than Polli's.

Also the service was HORRIBLE too....