We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wondering if Vi is still alive and cooking chicken?

Which Cruz Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indian Springs...
Level Contributor
24 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Wondering if Vi is still alive and cooking chicken?

It's been 10 years since we have been to st. John, and would love to go out and see Vi on the east end of the island and eat some of her great fried chicken and fritters. : ) Is she still around and open for business?

Chicopee...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wondering if Vi is still alive and cooking chicken?

Yes, Vie's is still open and cooking garlic fried chicken, johnnycakes, and fritters. I don't believe she is the primary cook these days but she does stop by.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wondering if Vi is still alive and cooking chicken?

Just make sure you call first to guarantee they will be open that day!

Boston
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wondering if Vi is still alive and cooking chicken?

Her daughter Jasmine is cooking now, the food is just as delicious and she is such a sweetheart. I was told last week she is closed Sunday and Mondays but as Karrieb said I would call first just to be sure. Vie was there last week chatting with some other patrons too. My trip is never complete without a trip to Vie's!

Indian Springs...
Level Contributor
24 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wondering if Vi is still alive and cooking chicken?

Thanks so much! Also found out her son handles day charters. It's going to be a great Christmas vacation. Thanks for the updates!

north carolina
Level Contributor
412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wondering if Vi is still alive and cooking chicken?

Her sons name is Cleve. His charter business is called Local Flavor... Been going with him for years. He's awesome.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wondering if Vi is still alive and cooking chicken?

Cleve is awesome. We did a private charter with him a few years ago, and he was a great captain. He has a great personality, and he knows the waters (US and BVI) like the back of his hand.

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
299 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wondering if Vi is still alive and cooking chicken?

We just ate at Vie's last week. Her daughter was cooking but she was there visiting with everyone. What an awesome lady. She was full of energy and i don't think she was that old that she'll be "going" anywhere anytime soon. She seems to be in her early 60's? The food was really great. She told me they are open tuesday- Sunday and open at 11am. We spent a few hours at her beach as well. Not great snorkeling though a really pretty place to spend some time.

8. Re: Wondering if Vi is still alive and cooking chicken?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 25, 2014