We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Cabs or Rent a Car?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Cabs or Rent a Car?

I will be staying at Caneel bay and wondering if I will need a rental car to explore the island or if I can take taxis easily?

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Cabs or Rent a Car?

If you want to explore, you need to rent a jeep. IF you find a taxi to take you over to Coral Bay, getting back will be tough. It's easy to get a taxi to the North Shore beaches. There are taxis waiting at Cinnamon & Trunk to take you back. It's easy to flag one down at Hawksnest. If you want to go Maho, Francis or Leinster (to hike to Waterlemon), you will need to make arrangements for the driver to come back to get you at an agreed upon time. Taxis charge per person. If you want to go into Cruz Bay for lunch or dinner from Caneel, it will be $5pp each way.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Cabs or Rent a Car?

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed to know!

3. Re: Taxi Cabs or Rent a Car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 15, 2014