We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PIzza place near Westin?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
PIzza place near Westin?

We will be in St JOhn Next friday the 15th. Will have 3 teens and they just want pizza at tleast once in the week. Any places close to Westin that dont charge a fortune for a pie?

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PIzza place near Westin?

Ronnie's will deliver. There isn't a place within walking distance.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PIzza place near Westin?

We will have a car- also any places suitable for 16-18 year old night life?

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PIzza place near Westin?

The Mango Deli at the Westin has pizza; not great, but acceptable to our 10 year old.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PIzza place near Westin?

The drinking age is 18, so be aware of that and if the 16 year old looks close to 18, they will have no problem getting served.

NC
Level Contributor
806 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PIzza place near Westin?

Hi - Three teens! - Been in your shoes!! Can't keep them full!

You're in luck - The Mango Deli at the Westin has really good sandwiches & the pizza is fair. My kids didn't seem to mind when they were starving. Also, literally right down the road - within a long stones throw from the Westin is a Market that has a little Deli. The Grill beside the pool has good teen food as well.

As far a night life - hmmmmmm - as a parent, I would probably just walk around one night with your kids, see what you consider acceptable as everyone is different. Most places are pretty cool until it gets later in the night...I remember one night we watched this crazy wing eating contest - 2 hours later the bar was cleared for belly shots - all in fun....but maybe not for kids!>

We'll see ya down there - we arrive on the 13th!! My two young ones will be with me - 17 & almost 20.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PIzza place near Westin?

Thanks so much we have not been to this resort before and I was a little worried that the kids will be bored. Me I am fine hanging by the pool, beach reading etc. We have been to Atlantis the last few years and they LOVE that kind of vacation. This will be good for them to meet some new friends, they would probably like the wing eating contest! Do you have any excursions planned?

NC
Level Contributor
806 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PIzza place near Westin?

OMG - I just thought about something they'll really enjoy - the CRAB RACES there at the Westin. This dude - the CRAB MAN - has been doing this for years. You can win some really awesome prizes - dingys for the day, drinks for mom & dad, smoothies for kids, sails, etc. Theres a board by the pool that list the 'going-on's' of each day - so they can pick & choose. There are trampolines, water bikes, floats, etc. for them to play on. Parrots that talk, iguana feedings to get grossed-out on, pick-up pool volley ball games & bobbing for sodas - its a blast!! The Westin is very relaxing - the grounds are very pretty, the pool is large & nice, the beach is clean - but do remember its not somewhere you'd want to snorkel - a great place for boats to park for safety.

We LOVE STJ and the Westin is a great place to hang your towel! Atlantis is fabulous - We took the kids when we they were a little younger - they had a blast but when they have to choose - its always STJ!!

I have a post up for a day trip to the BVI's and around - we're not taking the kids.

We are looking for other couples to hook up with to share the cost - if it doesn't work out - we might just find a set 'tour' already scheduled and go on that one.

I hope we can all meet as we can share some great snorkeling hole, eats & hikes with you guys. This will be our 21st year going to STJ - we kinda like it there!! We are staying in town the first couple of nights and be at the Westin on Saturday, the 16th - 23rd.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PIzza place near Westin?

That would be awesome to meet up. Last name is velasco and we will be in 2br loft. Two teen girls and one boy. Our First time in st john so any tips would be great

NC
Level Contributor
806 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PIzza place near Westin?

Super!! - Check your 'Profile' - as I will message you - that way we don't have to share our life with everyone!!

10. Re: PIzza place near Westin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:42 pm, June 20, 2013