We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seashore Allure vs. Gallows Point

Which Cruz Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Seashore Allure vs. Gallows Point

Can anyone point out some pros and cons here...comparison of the two. I am assuming the view from Seashore could be annoying/noisy with the ferry route passing right there? Can one even snorkel here like you can at Gallows? Looks like both walkable distance to town? Any comparison info appreciated!

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Seashore Allure vs. Gallows Point

No - no swimming no snorkeling from Seashore - personally I don't think there is any comparison - Gallows 100% for me.

Pia

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seashore Allure vs. Gallows Point

Have you seen the interiors of Seashore Allure? Incomparable.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Seashore Allure vs. Gallows Point

I have and was not impressed - especially the size of the lower one bedroom with the teeny, tiny kitchen and the ability to be in the bath and look into the living room.

Pia

kod
cherry hill
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seashore Allure vs. Gallows Point

Just back from Gallows- 3rd year in a row. Can't beat the location with good snorkeling right off their deck, pool and hot tub overlooking sea. And an easy walk into the town for dunner and music. The interior of our lower harbor unit was very acceptable and new bed very comfortable. Only downside is hearing the ferry and its seemed louder to us.

St. John
Level Contributor
161 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seashore Allure vs. Gallows Point

I would rather be at Grande Bay than Seashore. Gallows certainly has something different to offer with their beach access but as far as room quality I think Grande Bay is above either of those two.

Bourbon, IN
Level Contributor
418 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seashore Allure vs. Gallows Point

I disagree with pp. I've been to both and would by far choose Gallows over Grande Bay. Perhaps the pp didn't have an updated unit like I did.

7. Re: Seashore Allure vs. Gallows Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, June 18, 2013