We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Which Cruz Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches

What is the best beach for walking on and staying on in USVI?

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches

You can not stay on any beaches in STJ unless you are

1. camping at Cinnamon Bay

2. Staying at Caneel Bay or the Westin

3. Renting one of the VERY few beaches that have villas on them

The majority of the beaches on STJ are within the National Park boundries so the beaches are just beach. No hotels or condos or restaurants or bars.

In comparison to many other islands, the beaches are not long walking beaches either. I think that Cinnamon and Trunk may be the longest beaches.

Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
389 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches

I had the same question this year (my first trip). I traded the beach location dream and went for the view...realized that I would be at the beach all day(so the beach view) and stayed on

a hillside villa with awesome panoramic views. More snorkeling than walking...no worries, I walk at home. Enjoy, and I'm sure you will!

3. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:42 pm, June 19, 2013