We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 passenger SUV rental on STT or STJ?

Collegeville, PA
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
8 passenger SUV rental on STT or STJ?

We are traveling with another family of four from June 23-30th, and I am wondering if any car rental agencies have SUVs or minivans that will seat 8 passengers. It would be great to not have to rent two vehicles, but most rental agencies I've seen have SUVs that fit 7 passengers only. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Rick G.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 passenger SUV rental on STT or STJ?

Remember that you will have all those people and will still need room for all your beach gear and/or luggage.

Then when 3 people have had too much sun and want to take a day off from the beach, they are stuck at the villa. If someone isn't feeling well, etc.

Trust me, you will want to rent two vehicles.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
382 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 passenger SUV rental on STT or STJ?

In case you still want to rent one vehicle (perhaps a monetary issue) Discount on STT has a Chevy Traverse and Dodge Durango available. It says that the Durango is both a 7 and 8 seater on different parts of the website, so not sure which is true or maybe it depends on the year model- ask them if you are interested.

Hollis, NH
Level Contributor
418 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 passenger SUV rental on STT or STJ?

Don't screw around, 2 suv's for sure for 8 people....too many competing interests, you'll never be able to satisfy everyone.....and you shouldn't try to.

Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
411 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 passenger SUV rental on STT or STJ?

I agree, two Jeeps is the way to go. Someone always wants to sleep in, someone needs to stop by the store, and someone always wants to be in charge, like it's their car. Rent your own and remember you can save money anytime, but not on vacation! :) Have fun!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 passenger SUV rental on STT or STJ?

The two vehicles sounds like good advice but if you still are insistent in one to hold 8, I have successfully rented a minivan from the "dreaded" Budget agency on STT.

It was not in showroom condition but did the job and handled all of the roads, including repeated trips over the North Shore switchbacks.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 passenger SUV rental on STT or STJ?

Having shared a Jeep, I agree that one vehicle per family is absolutely the best way to go. (and my family is very considerate and easy going and it still was a mistake)

Consider your beach stuff too, chairs, coolers, etc. There isn't much room in the rear of Durango.

New York City, New...
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 passenger SUV rental on STT or STJ?

We've rented on STT and had great success on a mini-van. In and out easy, held our luggage and beach trips were awesome. 4 adults, 3 kids.

Brandon, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 passenger SUV rental on STT or STJ?

You must have experienced this particular incident you speak of, to be able to hit it on point as well as you are. I am going on vacation with a group of individuals, which I have done twice in the past. It is absoulutely positive necessary to take two vehicles for the exact same reason, that you speak of. You can only be this precise if you have experienced it hands on. (lol)

Washington DC
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 8 passenger SUV rental on STT or STJ?

I would rent two vehicles, but another option is to rent a safari truck from Cool Breeze. We did this last summer with 3 adults and five teens. It worked well and was a lot of fun.

10. Re: 8 passenger SUV rental on STT or STJ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, December 15, 2013