We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grande Bay - 1 BR or Studio? Go thru VRBO to Rent?? Help!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
258 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Grande Bay - 1 BR or Studio? Go thru VRBO to Rent?? Help!

narrowing it down to five nights at GB and four at Caneel. Any recommendations on particular units that are great, or not? 1 br vs studio? should i use vrbo or is there somewhere else that rents alot of the GB units? i see alot on vrbo.

thx!

Parker, CO
Level Contributor
795 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grande Bay - 1 BR or Studio? Go thru VRBO to Rent?? Help!

I just got back. Rented a studio directly from an owner on VRBO (VRBO # 281076). She was AWESOME to work with. She gave me a great deal - far below what they will charge you if you go through Grande Bay. She also owns the 1 br attached to the studio.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
258 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grande Bay - 1 BR or Studio? Go thru VRBO to Rent?? Help!

susan -- that one is nice. i got a price from her yesterday, around $240 including taxes per night in nov (is that good for a studio at GB?). was the view from the balcony good? furniture and bed comfy? any issues or problems?

Edited: 11:51 am, March 09, 2012
Chester, Maryland
Level Contributor
430 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grande Bay - 1 BR or Studio? Go thru VRBO to Rent?? Help!

We recently rented the studio here #276744 and a couple years ago rented the 1 BR attached unit. Both were very nicely furnished and comfortable. The owner was very responsive and easy to deal with. His unit in the back row and still has a nice view of the harbor.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grande Bay - 1 BR or Studio? Go thru VRBO to Rent?? Help!

I think I read on here that you don't get a parking spot if you rent a studio. If this is correct, finding overnight parking is a nightmare in Cruz Bay. Can someone confirm this or know otherwise?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
258 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grande Bay - 1 BR or Studio? Go thru VRBO to Rent?? Help!

bluewater, thats what i've read also. studios do not come with parking but in off season you may be able to negotiate it.

Chester, Maryland
Level Contributor
430 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grande Bay - 1 BR or Studio? Go thru VRBO to Rent?? Help!

I think it depends on if the owner is just renting directly or using an agency. We rented the studio unit during President's week and the people in the 1BR unit were using the parking space but we were told that if we had a car they would find us a space. When we had a car for 1 day we called the agency the owner uses and they got us a space right away.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grande Bay - 1 BR or Studio? Go thru VRBO to Rent?? Help!

I rented a studio and got a parking spot because the owner also had a 1 BR he was not using the spot for.

Parker, CO
Level Contributor
795 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grande Bay - 1 BR or Studio? Go thru VRBO to Rent?? Help!

The studio was very nice! Comfy bed. Amazing view. Well equipped. $240 per night/$1480 for the week is a really good price! For $15 a day, you can also get a parking place.

USA
Level Contributor
176 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grande Bay - 1 BR or Studio? Go thru VRBO to Rent?? Help!

After receiving a price quote from owner of VRBO unit #281076 of rent & security deposit we confirmed price by email & booked flights. When I asked the owner to send me documents for deposit she said she made a mistake and raised the rent AND the security deposit. She refused to honor her quote. BEWARE! Just glad I didn't send deposit and get totally scammed. There are plenty of other honest owners to rent from.

K P
Illinois
Level Contributor
667 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grande Bay - 1 BR or Studio? Go thru VRBO to Rent?? Help!

We rented #245798 vrbo from the owner in February? It is a 1 bedroom corner unit. She was fabulous to work with and the unit it self was great. If you have other questions, please pm me.

Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay