We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

certificates/discounts, etc?

florida
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
certificates/discounts, etc?

I looked at visit usvi.com, but nothing seemed to apply to us. We're staying at Gallows. Do they give any kind of vouchers or whatever for restaurants? How about the visitor's center? Anywhere else?

Thanks.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,136 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: certificates/discounts, etc?

If you're going to be here prior to December 15 and IF there are any still available, the Rotary Club of St Thomas produces a two-for-one dining coupon book every year and a few St John restaurants subscribe to it. Information about where to get the book and who honors the coupons this year can be found here:

www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/showflat.php…

Just scroll down and you'll find the information on where to get them by mail. At $25.00 it's a good deal.

Other than that I doubt you'll find much as we're not much of a "coupon" community here!

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,138 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: certificates/discounts, etc?

Most of the "discounts" are for the retail stores. The restaurant specials are usually advertised in the local newspaper, but I haven't see any lately for St John.

Many places offer happy hour specials, so if you're an early, light eater, you may find some satisfying bites.

The local, casual eateries are usually a good value. Joe's BBQ in Cruz Bay, Candie's BBQ near The Market Place, and a few others around the island usually give ample portions that might satisfy 2 people.

The Lime Inn used to have an early bird special, I think. The Tamarind Inn usually has good value, too.

florida
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: certificates/discounts, etc?

Thank you both.

4. Re: certificates/discounts, etc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, November 15, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Cruz Bay