We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. John Car Rental AND Courtesy Car Rental

Which Cruz Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
St. John Car Rental AND Courtesy Car Rental

Hi, both companies tell me they have a Wrangler available for our July trip. St. John Car Rental is particular attractive since it has parking in Cruz Bay BUT they only accept select credit cards which must be in the name of the driver, none of which my husband has. So I guess that won't work!? That's just strange! Now I'm trying to find out whether or not Courtesy Car Rental has parking in Cruz Bay? Can anyone advise me?

Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. John Car Rental AND Courtesy Car Rental

No, they don't. They will let you park at their lot which is a "3 minute walk from the ferry dock" according to their website. I think it's probably more like 5 -6 minutes maybe a little bit more. Honestly, I wouldn't let parking bother you that much, the pay lot is inexpensive and we only had to use it twice in a week. other than that we were able to find parking just fine.

And I can't imagine staying at a villa, if that's where you're staying, and not having a jeep. When we've stayed at Caneel we've never rented one but if we don't stay there, theres no way I'd go without one even if I thought I was going to have to spend a good bit on parking over the course of the week.

We rented from Courtesy the last trip and they were great to deal with.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. John Car Rental AND Courtesy Car Rental

I'm not sure why you (Wishiwas) start by saying they don't have parking. The rest of your reply is accurate. As far as I know, any rental company that offers parking in Cruz Bay simply allows you to park in their lot, as Courtesy does.

I have no experience with St. John Car Rental, but Courtesy has a great reputation on this forum. I've rented from them four or five times and give them very high marks.

Edited: 2:44 pm, March 17, 2011
Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. John Car Rental AND Courtesy Car Rental

What I was saying is they don't have parking right in the "heart" of Cruz Bay, as in down by Wharfside, etc. They do allow you to park in their lot at their business which I stated in my post. If they do have parking elsewhere we were given incorrect information when we asked them about it

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. John Car Rental AND Courtesy Car Rental

I'm not suggesting they have parking elsewhere. I just found your reply a bit confusing, since the question was whether Courtesy has parking in Cruz Bay. They do, but your reply started with "No, they don't."

Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. John Car Rental AND Courtesy Car Rental

I thought the OP was asking if they have anything in the heart of Cruz Bay which is why I said "no they don't" and then went on to explain that you could park at their place of business which is a bit of a walk, not one that I would choose to make. I would to park "downtown" Cruz Bay instead(such as in the pay lot across from Wharfside). It is my understanding that some of the other rental companies have parking in the heart of Cruz Bay. My apologies to the original poster if I misunderstood their question

Edited: 3:27 pm, March 17, 2011
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. John Car Rental AND Courtesy Car Rental

Okay, fair enough. I'll just add, though, that my wife and I have made that walk many times and find it no problem (and I think your time estimate was about right).

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: St. John Car Rental AND Courtesy Car Rental

Thanks for the info! I'm going with Courtesy. I don't mind if their lot is a bit of a walk - we are NYC people and we walk all over for miles and miles! :-)

Looking forward to my first trip! Can't get here soon enough!

Boston...
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. John Car Rental AND Courtesy Car Rental

Used Courtesy in Feb. Parked in their lot all day while we took the ferry to St. Thomas, and then back again about 9 that night. No problem, not a long walk, and no trouble making the walk at night either to pick it back up after closing. They were great at check in and check out, couldn't be any more helpful.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St. John Car Rental AND Courtesy Car Rental

Man, I must just be lazy! Now I"m determined to park there just once and walk down towards Wharfside. Courtesy is a great company to deal with though.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St. John Car Rental AND Courtesy Car Rental

We used Courtesy a couple of years ago. They were wonderful - waved to us every time we drove by. they would try to accomodate us if we needed parking and told us of other spots where parking could be found.