We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at Gallows Point recently?

USA
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Has anyone stayed at Gallows Point recently?

Looking for a review specifically of building #1, the upper level. I've heard many of these units are badly in need of updating and curious if building #1 upper level is in nice condition?

Stockton, CA
2 posts
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at Gallows Point recently?

My partner and I stayed there on the last day of our vacation. It was not at all what we expected or hoped for. We had been in Villa Ilios for 10 days and that may have spoiled us a bit but Gallows Point was horrendous! I recommend either a villa or staying at the Westin. Have a great vacation. We ALWAYS go to St. John each year (even though we tell ourselves we'll go somewhere different every year). Mark mrknstktn@yahoo.com

South Carolina
Level Contributor
105 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at Gallows Point recently?

My wife and I stayed there about a year ago and loved it. We are returning with our 2 boys in a couple of weeks. When we were there in the past we stayed in building 10 and had no problems.

Detroit
Level Contributor
176 posts
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at Gallows Point recently?

We were at Gallows Pt 8/10/05-8/25/05 and were bldg 11. It was fantastic. Beautiful sunsets from our balcony and walking distance to Cruz Bay. Plenty of parking at resort for rental car which I highly recommend. Fellow and partner must be confusing Gallows Resort with someplace else.

Lancaster, PA
10 posts
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at Gallows Point recently?

Just returned from St John last Sunday...Stayed in Building 2 for 2 days...I know Building 1 has a better view than what we had. We were on 2nd floor and looked at Building 3 and a large palm tree. Kind of disappointing. If you can rent a villa, they are almost same price (that's what we did for the 1st week, extended our vacation a couple days and had to move to Gallows)...I think that some of the units at Gallows are probably very nice and convenience to town is great, but it is a risk you take as to what your particular unit's condition is like. Ours was okay, but again I think you can do better in a villa. Having said that, for a shorter stay though, you probably can't go wrong staying there...you're in paradise regardless of where you sleep!

frh
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at Gallows Point recently?

Just back from SJ and stayed at Unit 3C. Look at my review just posted. When you are on the balcony of unit 1 you will have a view off bldg 2 off to the right but there is no obstruction in front. If you do stay in Bldg 1, I would pick 1C since when you open the side window will not have a view of bldg 2.