We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

direct flights from boston

Which Cruz Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
direct flights from boston

I know there is a direct flight from Boston in March but can't find one for the month of May. Is it too

early to book a direct flight or is it out of season. Also is 45 minutes between flights cutting it too close for comfort in miami or Philadelphia. Thanks!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,696 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: direct flights from boston

I may be wrong but I thought that after the high season they discontinue the direct flight, but I think that there are some Mass. folks here that can answer better. I would think that 45 minutes would be ok as long as you are on the same airline, if it is 2 different, I might be a little concerned. If your flight leaves Boston late, they don't owe youy anything if you miss your connections.

The Ocean State
Level Contributor
182 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: direct flights from boston

I am pretty sure that AA ends their direct flights in low season (think end of April). We were supposed to fly from BOS-PHIL-STT last March on USAirways. When we boarded in Boston, I overhead the flight attendants saying that Philly was backed up (as is often the case. The attendant referred to it as "the Philly Factor") We were going to be delayed by 1-2 hours, and we would have missed our connection to STT. I believe there's only 1 flight to STT from PHL each day.

I got off the plane and asked if I could be re-routed through Charlotte. This only worked because I had carry on luggage. If I'd checked my bags, they'd have stayed in Philly while I was on ST John.

45 minutes going through Philly could be cutting it close.

Boston...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: direct flights from boston

I just flew to STT from Boston round trip on AA both ways which was great! But yes, this route is only during high season.

I've taken US Airways through both their eastern hubs (Philly and Charlotte) and going down I'd sooner have a close connection in Charlotte than Philly. Not surprising that attendants have a name for the "Philly factor" since the record for delays is really bad, the gates are likely on separate concourses, and you don't want to mess up the start of your vacation. Coming home is less of a concern.

4. Re: direct flights from boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 18, 2009